Black Protester Dies After Being Hit By A Car During A George Floyd Demonstration

A black protester has died three days after being hit by a car during a George Floyd demonstration.

Robert Forbes, who was in his mid-50s, bled profusely after he was struck during the rally in Bakersfield, California, on Wednesday night.

His nephew, Rob Lew, alleges the driver was a white man who deliberately targeted Mr Forbes.

Police have not arrested the driver and are still investigating the death.

Mr Lew wrote on Facebook : "I am asking you all to stand with my family and myself as we demand justice for my uncle Robert Forbes."

Graphic video shared on social media appears to show Mr Forbes bleeding on the road after the impact.

Bystanders rush to his aid before he's dashed to hospital.

A white man, believed to be the driver, is seen in the clip.

But officers want to talk to more witnesses and are scouring further video evidence.

Bakersfield Police Department released a statement which read: "Several community members have posted on social media regarding their beliefs and statements that the pedestrian in this incident was struck intentionally. The investigations is still open and officers are still seeking additional witnesses and video evidence."

Local media suggests the driver wasn't exceeding the speed limit.

Video evidence and physical evidence in the roadway show that the driver was not traveling above the speed limit at the time of the collision," reads Bakersfield Now.

"Officers evaluated the driver for influence of drugs or alcohol and found neither."

At least 13 people have been killed while being caught up in George Floyd protests which have taken place across the US over the past 12 days.

Related Article

Posted By cheatmaster On 10:05 Mon, 08 Jun 2020

Comments:0 || Views:

Comment
Name

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article

Wapbaze is an Entertainment website that deals in uploding of music tracks of any kind and letting her users download them in Mp3 formats of high quality. Wapbaze.com is the main website, Wapbaze.com/music/ is the folder for latest songs, wapbaze.com/movies/ is for mp4 movies updates so as wapbaze.com/videos/ is for 3gp music videos updates and wapbaze.com/forum/ is for latest gist, news, health and tech updates.